Ben 10 is a 2005 American animated series created by Man of Action (a group consisting of Duncan Rouleau, Joe Casey, Joe Kelly, and Steven T. Seagle), and produced by Cartoon Network Studios. The series is about a 10-year-old boy named Ben Tennyson who gets a watch-like alien device called the "Omnitrix" (the prefix omni means all). Attached to his wrist, this allows him to transform into various alien creatures. He then uses these powers to fight evil from Earth and space. The premiered on December 27, 2005 and ended on April 15, 2008.
Ben, a ten year old boy lives with his family Gwen Tennyson, his sister, and Max Tennyson, his grandfather. During a summer vacation, a meteor crashes next to his vehicle, the "Rustbucket". Ben inspects the meteor, and while doing so a high tech advanced device attaches to his left arm. He quickly discovers that the device allows him to transform into ten distinct aliens. With this new device he calls the "Omnitrix" Ben battles villains and fixes disasters.
Why It Rocks
- Interesting premise.
- The aliens that Ben can transform into are designed well and cool. Also, Ben gets more aliens so it doesn't get repetitive.
- Lots of good action and comedy.
- Great story.
- Interesting dynamic with Ben, Gwen, and Grandpa Max.
- Gwen gets magic in the middle of the series.
- Vilgax is a great villain.
- You get to see Ben 10,000, the future version of Ben, who has unlocked 10,000 aliens and the "Master Control" for the Omnitrix (for obvious reasons you won't see more than about 10-20 aliens).
- When Ben unlocks the "Master Control" he gets to switch between all of his aliens at will at any time.