Blue's Clues is an American children's television series that premiered on Nickelodeon in 1996. Producers Angela Santomero, Todd Kessler, and Traci Paige Johnson combined concepts from child development and early-childhood education with innovative animation and production techniques that helped their viewers learn. It was hosted originally by Steve Burns, who left in 2002 and was replaced by Donovan Patton. The show follows an animated blue-spotted dog named Blue as she leaves a treasure hunt for the host and the viewers. Blue's Clues became the highest-rated show for preschoolers on American commercial television and was critical to Nickelodeon's growth. It has been called "one of the most successful, critically acclaimed, and ground-breaking preschool television series of all time." A spin-off called Blue's Room premiered in 2004.
Why It Rocks
- Simplistic, but well done animation.
- It actually taught kids healthy lessons.
- Steve Burns (Steve) and Donnovan Patton (Joe) were good hosts.
- The animated characters are cute and loveable, especially Blue.
- Catchy songs.
- The episode, Steve Goes To College was pretty emotional since he has been the host for about six years.
- Blue's Room is a pretty good spin-off with diligent puppet animation.
- The episode, Blue's Big Holiday, was nice because it went through each holiday one by one and gave all of them the same amount of respect, even calling Christmas a "birthday" instead of "Santa's day".
- The show will soon be getting a reboot.
- The hosts seem to have pretty bad hearing, every time the background kids shout out "A Clue, A Clue" Steve/Joe will think they said something else, and they have to say "No, A Clue", which was probably for laughs but could get a little annoying.
- The UK dub was just terrible since they replaced Steve with a British actor rather than just getting the replacement actor to just dub Steve's lines, made Tickety sound like a woman rather than a kid and even cut out some episodes for no reason.
- They also never dubbed Blue's Big Musical Movie or Blue's Room.