The series premiered on April 3, 2004, its first episode airing after the 2004 Kids' Choice Awards, and ended on August 24, 2007, with the total of 53 episodes over three seasons. Danny Phantom has received critical and audience acclaim, with praise primarily directed at its ensemble cast and comic book-influenced themes and storyline. Hartman himself has noted that the series is arguably his most popular and acclaimed work, despite its relatively short production life compared to The Fairly OddParents. Danny Phantom has spawned video games, home video releases, as well as toys and various other merchandise.
Why This Show Rocks
- Lots of likeable characters.
- Outstanding story of each episode with several over-arching stories across the series.
- Cool villains and many action scenes.
- It's surprisingly serious and mature for a Nickelodeon cartoon.
- There's still plenty of humor that never feels forced.
- Awesome animation style.
- More likable characters.
- Well-talented voice acting.
- Good music to listen.
- Memorable villains like Skulker, Freakshow, Dark Danny, Technus, Ember, Johnny 13, Pariah Dark, Walker, Spectra, Desiree, the Box Ghost, Kitty, the Lunch Lady Ghost, and of course, Vlad Plasmius.
- It was prematurely cancelled by Nickelodeon after Season 3.