Fireman Sam (Sam Tân in it's original Welsh) is a Welsh children's television series. It is based around the inhabitants of Welsh town Pontypandy (a portmanteau of two real-life towns, Pontypridd and Tonypandy), especially firefighter Sam Jones.
Why It Rocks
- Catchy music, including the theme song and the rescue theme.
- Nice stop-motion animation.
- Really good action.
- Impressive voice acting.
- Likeable characters.
- Funny moments such as Sam making fun of Trevor's Weight or Norman saying "My Tonsils Are Melting!" when his mouth is on fire.
- It teaches kids about fire safety.
- In Series 5, all the characters were voiced by only 3 voice actors. ISN'T THAT TALENT?
- The stop-motion animation on seasons 1-4 was cheap. For example, there was a tree moving in the background in one episode.
- One of the characters introduced in season 5 is called Tom Thomas, which is ironic considering Tom and Thomas are both the same word (Tom is actually short for Thomas if you don't know what I mean).
- The CGI series isn't as brilliant as the stop motion episodes as it feels less like a continuation and more like a reboot. Not to mention Norman's horribly annoying voice and attitude, in which, the series started dropping from quality after the show switched to CGI.