Grojband is a Canadian animated series developed by Fresh TV and distributed by FremantleMedia, Ltd. (FME). The series is created and co-directed by Todd Kauffman (co-creator of Sidekick) and Mark Thornton. Executive Producers are Tom McGillis, Jennifer Pertsch, creators of the hit animated reality franchise Total Drama. It is geared toward children ages 6 to 11. The series premiered on June 10, 2013 in the United States and on September 5, 2013 in Canada.
Grojband follows an indie rock band formed by Corey and his three best friends, Laney and twin brothers Kin and Kon, as they work to propel their garage band to international stardom. When they don't have the lyrics, Corey and his friends get Trina, Corey's sister, into an emotional mode to write entries in her diary that Corey can use for lyrical inspiration, so that Corey and his friends can perform a perfect song.
Why It Rocks (No Pun Intended)
- Awesome music
- Character and background designs.
- Decent animation
- The musical motif
- References to Pop Culture
- Has heartwarming moments.
- Todd Kauffman
- The cast
- The characters are annoying and bland and all have at least one mean-spirited trait, the worst ones going to Corey.
- Corey is an enormous jerk with an ego as big as the sun, and his personality is constantly changing.
- Nick is a Gary Stu with no emotion or personality.
- Some musical numbers are uninspired.