Happy Tree Friends (HTF) is an American adult flash cartoon created and developed by Aubrey Ankrum, Rhode Montijo, Kenn Navarro and Warren Graff for Mondo Media. The show is cited as an example of achieving a cult following. It is also infamous for its notable look of looking like a kids show, when in reality, it is a violent adult cartoon.
The show revolves around a bunch of animal friends who live in a forest where they get into unexpected situations where they are killed ( but come back alive in the next episode).
Why It Rocks
- Smooth animation.
- Funny plots.
- Interesting characters.
- Some of the deaths are really creative.
- Decent acting.
- Because of its cult following, it has gained multiple types of merchandise.
- Nice background music.
- It was inspired by Itchy and Scratchy, which by itself is a parody of Tom and Jerry.
- There are child and even infant deaths.
- Annoying theme song.
- Some imagery can be disturbing, especially the image of Lumpy's dead corpse in the episode Wishy Washy, despite being an adult cartoon.
- Their involvement in Youtube Copyright School.
- The violence gets old quickly.
- The characters’ bloody-murder screams gets disturbing which is hard for viewers to pay attention to any scenes.