iCarly is an American teen sitcom that ran on Nickelodeon from September 8, 2007 until November 23, 2012. The series, created by Dan Schneider, focuses on teenager Carly Shay, who creates her own web show called iCarly with her best friends Sam Puckett and Freddie Benson. The show stars Miranda Cosgrove as Carly, Jennette McCurdy as Sam, Nathan Kress as Freddie, Jerry Trainor as Spencer, and Noah Munck as Gibby, and was taped at Nickelodeon on Sunset (season 1–5) and KTLA Studios (Season 6–7) in Hollywood, California. The show was nominated for an Emmy award for Outstanding Children's Program five times. The series finale, "iGoodbye", aired on November 23, 2012.
Why It Rocks
- Good episodes that contributes to the storyline.
- Funny and hilarious jokes.
- Great characters.
- There are moments that are funny and memorable at the same time like the Gibby dance.
- The series finale, iGoodbye was a really emotional episode and serves as a great way to end a good show.
- Catchy theme song.
- The characters can sometimes be mean-spirited, annoying and dumb.
- Some insensitive jokes towards the homeless.
- Sam's aggressive personality might be a bad influence on kids.
- Some bad episodes, like iMeet Fred.
- The creator was involved in a scandal.
- It's sequel/spin-off show Sam & Cat was met with mixed reviews.