Motu Patlu is an Indian-Singaporean animated sitcom television series airing on Nickelodeon and Vasantham. The series in produced by Cosmos-Maya. It is adapted from the classic comic strip on Lot Pot. It was premiered on 16 October 2012, beginning with the episode "John Banega Don". It focuses on two friends, Motu and Patlu, living in the fictional city Furfuri Nagar. The director is Suhas Kadav and the theme music composer is Sandesh Shandilya. The producers are Deepa Sahi and Anish JS Mehta. The theme song "Motu Aur Patlu Ki Jodi" is sung by Sukhwinder Singh. It is one of the most popular kids' shows in India.
Why It Rocks
- Funny jokes.
- The CGI animation is good/decent.
- The show's theme song is catchy, even if you can't understand the lyrics.
- The plots are okay.
- It created many memes, such as the D Se Dab.
- The voice acting is pretty decent. In fact, Motu and Patlu are voiced by the same person.
- It promotes brotherhoood, change and loss at the same time.
- It blends serious and comedy moments at the same time.
- The characters can be jerks and annoying at times.
- Motu's addiction to samosas can get annoying/repetitive.
- The only way to understand what they're saying is by reading the subtitles. Normally, this wouldn't be a problem, except the subtitles aren't very good for some episodes, and some episodes don't have them at all.