Peppa Pig is a long-running British preschool animated television series directed and produced by Astley Baker Davies in association with Entertainment One.
The show revolves around the adventures of Peppa Pig with family and friends.
Why It Rocks
- Simplistic, but well-done animation.
- The characters are all cute and likable.
- Decent voice-acting.
- It teaches kids plenty of good lessons.
- Nice opening intro.
- Fun and interesting stories with a decent variety of plot types that are always educative such as good manners and playing safely.
- The creator also makes Ben & Holly's Little Kingdom and The Big Knights.
- It introduces an art style that is not common back then when the show first aired.
- Peppa's bratty attitude might set up a bad example on kids. For example, Peppa constantly teases her dad for being chubby, which is somewhat offensive, and she is prone to think everything has to go her way in some episodes.
- Some of the voices and sound effects can get annoying.
- In the episode, "Bicycles", Peppa and her friends are riding bikes without helmets. After several complaints from parents, the episode was re-edited with the characters wearing helmets.
- Another episode, "Mister Skinnylegs" was banned from Australian television, due to sending a message that all spiders are friendly and that kids should befriend them. They delivered the massage by saying “They Can’t Hurt You”, which would be dangerous for Australian kids because most spiders there are highly venomous.