The series follows Rose, a teenage girl from Earth who discovers a key which leads to FairyTale Land, where Fairy Tales come to life. She ends up at a prestigious school named Regal Academy. Rose finds out that she is the granddaughter to the headmistress Cinderella. Rose decides to enroll at Regal Academy and learn how to use magic while having adventures with her friends.
Why It Rocks
- Awesome voice acting.
- It features an arousing theme song.
- Creative premise consisting in a school where the students are nephews or nieces of famous fairy tales characters who share personality traits with them.
- Each of the students wields his or her own type of magic, based on the famous fairy tale character they are a relative of.
- Each character has his or her own attitude and personalities traits, making for a nice character development. The extremely spirited protagonist Rose is an example.
- Positive and likable messages about teamwork and kindness.
- Colorful backgrounds.
- Cute character designs, which is also pretty unique for each character, especially the female characters.
- Despite being aimed at a specific audience consisting of girls age 7 to 11, the show features content that can be enjoyed by a wider audience.
- Funny humor, especially when it comes to the protagonists' interactions with the magical creatures.
- It has a surprising amount of action and suspence moments.
- A bit of slapstick gags, especially by the protagonist Rose.
- The show got revived for a movie in March 2018.
- The creator of the show, Igino Straffi, also created another popular italian girls cartoon, Winx Club.