Rugrats is an American animated television series created by Arlene Klasky, Gabor Csupo and Paul Germain for Nickeloden. The show focuses on a group of toddler most prominently Tommy, Chuckie, twins Phil and Lil,
and Angelica, and their day-to-day lives, usually involving common life experiences that become adventures in the babies' imaginations.Adults in the series are almost always unaware of what the children are up to.
The series premiered on Sunday, August 11, 1991, as the second Nicktoon after Doug and preceding The Ren and Stimpy Show.The final episode aired on August 1, 2004, bringing the series to a total of 172 episodes and 9 seasons during a 13-year run.
Rugrats is a show about 4 babies, Tommy Pickles, Chuckie Finster, and Phil and Lil Deville. As we see their lives unravel, we get to hear them talk. On the sidelines are Tommy's mean cousin Angelica, their friend Susie Carmichael, and everybody's parents.
Why It Rocks
- Over 172 episodes.
- The intro and the credits music are creative.
- Memorable characters.
- Great voice acting.
- Goofy and fun plots.
- The Hanukkah episode. It was refreshing and a nice change of pace from the usual Christmas episode.
- The Klasky Csupo Robot logo recieved tons of remakes.
- Some characters sometime can be annoying. Like Angelica for example.
- All the babies’ cries/screams are also nightmarish annoying and cringey!
- Some scenes are pretty disturbing. Like this.
- Bathroom humor.
- Much like other Klasky Csupo shows their character designs aren't good, since they mostly look ugly.
- It had a crossover With Aaahh!!! Real Monsters in the episode Ghost Story.