and Angelica, and their day-to-day lives, usually involving common life experiences that become adventures in the babies' imaginations.Adults in the series are almost always unaware of what the children are up to.
The series premiered on Sunday, August 11, 1991, as the second Nicktoon after Doug and preceding The Ren and Stimpy Show.The final episode aired on August 1, 2004, bringing the series to a total of 172 episodes and 9 seasons during a 13-year run.
Rugrats is a show about 4 babies, Tommy Pickles, Chuckie Finster, and Phil and Lil Deville. As we see their lives unravel, we get to hear them talk. On the sidelines are Tommy's mean cousin Angelica, their friend Susie Carmichael, and everybody's parents.
Why It Rocks
- The intro and the credits music are creative.
- Likable and memorable characters, Tommy, Chuckie, and the twins, Phil and Lil.
- Great voice acting.
- Goofy and fun plots.
- The Hanukkah episode. It was refreshing and a nice change of pace from the usual Christmas episode.
- Smooth animation.
- Some dramatic and sad episodes, like the episode, Mother's Day where we learn that Chuckie had a mother who died when he was very young and he's desperate for a new mom.
- Some characters sometimes can be annoying, like Angelica.
- All the babies’ cries/screams are also nightmarish, annoying, and cringy!
- Some scenes are pretty disturbing. Like this.
- Bathroom humor.
- The infamous "Rugrats Go Wild" film.
- Much like other Klasky Csupo shows their character designs aren't good, since they mostly look ugly.
- It had a crossover with Aaahh!!! Real Monsters in the episode "Ghost Story".
- In 2020 There will be a Live action/CGI Film based on the show.