Sailor Mouth is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season two.
SpongeBob and Patrick learn a bad word from the dumpster behind the Krusty Krab and begin using it in public, much to Mr. Krabs's horror.
Why It Rocks
- It teaches children that they shouldn't use swear words.
- All the curse words are replaced with nautical sounds, that way the young viewers won't know what SpongeBob and Patrick are saying while making a very funny recurrent gag.
- This is one of the rare episodes that tries to teach good morals.
- The scene where Mr. Krabs stubs his foot and yells out all 13 bad words is the funniest scene of the entire episode.
The Only Bad Quality
- There is no uncensored version of this episode.
- The episode received positive reviews from critics and fans alike, while various members of the SpongeBob SquarePants crew consider the episode to be one of their favorites, mainly due to the satirical nature of the episode. Unfortunately, the episode was not immune to negative reception, and was criticized by the Parents Television Council, who interpreted the episode as an example of promoting profanity towards children even though the purpose of the episode was to deter profanity.