Smosh is an American web-based sketch comedy duo consisting of Ian Andrew Hecox (born November 30, 1987) and Daniel Anthony Padilla (/pəˈdiːə/, commonly called Anthony, born September 16, 1987). Padilla began posting flash animations on Newgrounds in 2003, under the name Smosh. He was later joined by his friend Ian Hecox. Soon afterward, they began to post videos on YouTube in the autumn of 2005 and became one of the most popular channels on the site. As of January 2017, the Smosh channel has more than 6 billion video views and 22 million subscribers, making it the 7th most subscribed channel on YouTube. The Smosh team has expanded to include others to handle animated, other language, and video gaming content videos, and the sketches have included more actors. The Smosh channel has experienced three different spans as the most subscribed YouTube channel. The first period spanned from May to June 2006, the second spanned from April 2007 to September 2008, and the third span lasted from January to August 2013.
Why They Rock
- Hilarious jokes.
- Awesome songs and videos.
- They've won 5 awards.
- Even when Anthony Padilla left the series, the channel is still enjoyable.
- Great series such as If [Blank] Were Real, One Letter off [Blank] and Food Battle.
- The duo made Smosh: The Movie, which wasn't very well-received.
- Excessive amounts of toilet humor in some videos.
- If Cartoons Were Real was deleted for violating YouTube's community guidelines.