Sonic the Hedgehog and his friends accidentally get teleported to a world that's parallel to their's via Chaos Control, except it's populated by humans. Sonic's arch-enemy Dr. Eggman has been teleported there too, and plans to establish his Eggman Empire to dominate the planet. Now Sonic and his friends along with their new human friend named Chris Thorndyke who is letting them stay with him and his wealthy family, must stop Dr. Eggman from dominating the world and keep him from gathering all of the seven Chaos Emeralds to give his machines unlimited power.
Why It Rocks
- The show is extremely faifthful to the source material, with several episodes actually being based off Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, with some changes.
- Excellent writing for all the episodes.
- Great animation.
- Interesting and well developed characters.
- Some hilarious moments
- This is the first Sonic show to be produced by Sega.
- Awesome villains, especially The Metarex.
- Excellent voice acting, especially in the American Dub.
- The theme song (Both the US and Japanese themes) are great.
- The third season has a great climax.
- It's the first (and only) Sonic show to actually have Sonic go into his super form. It's also the first to accurately implement the Chaos Emeralds, which were poorly represented in The Adventures Of Sonic The Hedgehog and in Sonic Underground.
- The action is amazing.
- The choice of actors for the English Dub was very spot on. Like Jason Griffith as Sonic, Dan Green as Knuckles, and Mike Pollock as Dr. Eggman.
- There is a lot more emotion and meaning put into this show than any other Sonic show.
- Despite his selfish acts of keeping Sonic in his world, Chris is not that bad of a character because he learns the error of some of his ways, and he's a very likable character.
- Despite censoring out some of the character deaths and pictures with words and creating one or two plot holes, 4Kids did okay with handling the English Dub.
- Despite Sonic being the titular protagonist of the show, some of the episodes revolve a little bit more around the other main protagonist, Chris Thorndyke.
Sonic X has a 6.1/10 rating on the IMDB, a 6.5/10 on MyAnimeList, a 8.3/10 on TV.Com, and 3/5 stars on Common Sense Media.