Warning: Do not add the fact that the show's fanbase is toxic as a bad quality. Anyone who adds this bad quality will be blocked without warning.
Steven Universe is an American animated television series created by Rebecca Sugar for Cartoon Network, which premiered on November 4, 2013 as Cartoon Network's first animated series to be solely created by a woman. Sugar developed the series while working as a writer and storyboard artist on Adventure Time.
The Crystal Gems are a team of magical beings who are the self-appointed guardians of the universe. Half-human, half-Gem hero Steven is the "little brother" of the group. The goofball is learning to save the world using the magical powers that come from his bellybutton and he goes on magical adventures with the rest of the Crystal Gems, even though he's not as powerful -- or smart -- as fellow group members Garnet, Amethyst and Pearl. Despite his shortcomings, Steven usually finds a surprising way to save the day.
Why It Rocks
- Beautiful backgrounds and music.
- Some episodes are emotional.: Examples of the episodes are Keeping it Together, Mindful Education, Mr. Greg, On the Run and the infamous Rose's Scabbard.
- Cartoon Network made this, and Steven Universe is one major reasons why we can still watch CN.
- It focuses on actions and dark tone in some episodes.
- It is severely warm.
- Likable characters.
- Uses a perfect mix of both wacky and mature animation.
- Great story acts.
- Good and well handled morals.
- It was announced on the Comic-Con 2018 that Steven Universe is getting a movie.
- Long hiatuses, mainly due to the long production time, and a lack of reruns in 2018.
- The first half of season one and season four have a lot of slower paced and less important episodes.
- It had a horrible crossover with Uncle Grandpa. Granted that episode was made as a literal April Fool's Day joke and Uncle Grandpa explicitly said the episode was non-canon, but still.
- Things established in the show get contradicted sometimes.
- Story arcs and key plot points get rushed resolutions.
- Ronaldo can be an obnoxious character.
- There are some questionable scenes where it feels like that The Crystal Gems think that they are above the law. For Example: Pearl refusing to take responsibility even though she caused a blackout with a devise she made using a Robinoid. And also in another episode, Garnet stole a phone even though she could've asked one of Steven's friends if she could borrow one.
- Despite how good and well handled the morals are, the executions are poor and certain morals felt forced and get contradicted in later episodes and forgotten afterwards.
- The show isn't as good as it used to be.