Teen Titans is an animated series that aired on Cartoon Network from 2003 to 2006 and was based off the comic book series of the same name.
The show focused on the Teen Titans, five teenage superheroes that protect Jump City from various supervillains including the main antagonist Slade, whom Robin is obsessed with defeating.
Why It Rocks
- Very good animation with an anime style!
- The theme song was sung by the Japanese pop duo, Puffy AmiYumi.
- Some episodes feature the theme song in Japanese.
- Each season focuses heavily on a specific Titan and their character development.
- Season One focused on Robin and his obsession with Slade.
- Season Two focused on the temporary Titan, Terra, whom Beast Boy fell in love with.
- Season Three focused on Cyborg and his grudge against the HIVE leader, Brother Blood.
- Season Four focused on Raven and her evil father, the demon god Trigon.
- Season Five focused on Beast Boy and his maturing into a fine hero as a foe from his past resurfaces to destroy all young heroes.
- The feature film, Trouble in Tokyo, focused on Starfire and her relationship with Robin as the Titans face off against a Japanese crimelord and the foe that's controlling him.
- Season Two and Season Four focused on two major Teen Titans comic arcs. Season Two was based off The Judas Contract, and Season Four focused off The Terror of Trigon.
- Offered a proper blend of humor and action.
- 65 episodes plus a bonus episode that was online only.
- Had several original villains made just for the show.
- the titans themselves are all likable and each of them gets alot of character development
- The popularity of Raven in Teen Titans has actually brought her new popularity and DC resurrected her in the comics
- A game was made based off it and it was decent.
- Its spin-off, Teen Titans Go!.
- Left a lot of things unresolved such as the identity of Red X, the briefcase Robin sought to get back, who was responsible for the toxin in Slade's mask to release, and how Terra came back.
- Characters can be idiots at some parts.
- Warner Bros cancelled for no reason.
- The last episode was not well received from fans.
Teen Titans was one of Cartoon Network's best shows, with its animation style and character development. It spawned its own comic book series, feature film and video games. Even after its cancellation, fans still seek a sixth season.
- Usually when the theme song is played in Japanese, it usually means a more comical episode than serious.