The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius is an American computer animated television series created by John A. Davis. It is the first spin-off to the 2001 film Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius. It originally aired on Nickelodeon for three seasons beginning July 20, 2002, and the final episode aired on November 25, 2006.
Based on the 2001 movie, the show follows the adventures of a smart young boy named Jimmy Neutron and his friends alongside his robotic pet dog Goddard.
Why It Rocks
- Awesome theme song.
- Great jokes.
- Cool inventions.
- Great voice acting.
- Clever writing.
- Likable and funny characters.
- Jimmy's inventions are very clever.
- The show manages to avoid coming off as a Dexter's Laboratory rip-off despite similar premises.
- It had three crossovers with the Fairy OddParents that were very successful.
- Some moments spawned several funny memes.
- The animation isn't as good as the movie.
- Some non main characters are ugly especially aliens.
- It gets mean-spirited at times as Jimmy always gets mocked for being smarter than everyone else. And whenever something bad happens and Jimmy tries to warn them, they don't listen and cause a huge problem and blame it all on Jimmy instead of accepting their mistake.
- Some of the characters can be very unlikable sometimes, like Cindy Vortex
- It got cancelled in 2006 due to the closure of DNA Productions, which co-produced the show, and the producers of the show could not find another animation studio to continue the series. Despite this, the spin-off Planet Sheen was animated by O Entertainment’s own animation studio OMation.
- Its spin-off Planet Sheen was poorly received by critics and fans of the franchise and was later cancelled after only 1 season although it lasted for 3 years and had 26 episodes and was never finished with a series finale (although most fans claimed that there was going to be a movie that was going to be the series finale but the movie was cancelled; they had no source or evidence to prove this) but in "The Tomorrow Boys" in The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius it is implied that Sheen did made it back to earth.
- Jimmy's “NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!” despite not being bad, can scare young children.