The Big Balloon Parade is a web-series created by the user Harry Humble (Luigitehplumber as he's known on Wikia). inspired by the real life Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City
Why it Rocks
- Harry gives us our favorite Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade balloons such as Mickey Mouse, SpongeBob SquarePants, Snoopy and Ronald McDonald, all recreated out of cardboard or paper.
- It even has some obscure and forgotten balloons such as Honey Nut Cheerios Bee, Jeeves the Butler from Ask.com, Santa Goofy, Kraft Cheesasarus Rex and even the original Macy's creation Ms. Patula Pig.
- Has most of the core parts of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade such as stars at the beginning and Santa Claus appearing at the end.
- Even some Fabulous Inflatables balloons made appearances as well such as Popeye, UBS Big Bird and Elmo.
- Has orginial balloons such as Gumball Watterson, Glover With His Ball from the video game Glover, and even the TiVo logo!
- Unlike the real Macy's Parade as of recently, this parade focuses more on the balloons and the floats than the performers.
- It inspired another Macy's Parade Wikia (Liam the Peanuts Guy 1986) to make a Big Balloon Parade which will make it's debut very soon.
- The early balloons were poorly drawn but as the parade progressed through, Harry started to make them out of cardboard and using Sharpies to color the balloons in.
- The BBP lacks Marching Bands, which the Macy's Parade has.
- It does show some amateurish work (Harry pushing the floats with his visible hands, poor camera and lighting work, and visible set.)
- Some anticipated balloons do get delayed or cancelled by Harry due to other ideas. Examples include:
- Buddy from Elf: Buddy's Musical Christmas was originally planned for the May 2017 parade got scrapped and wouldn't debut until the Thanksgiving Day Parade 2017
- Princess Winnifred and Prince Dauntless from the 1960 Broadway musical and the infamous 2005 TV Once Upon a Mattress was originally planned for the December 2017 parade but got delayed for time up until another paper balloon artist made a design it is either unknown if the balloon ever debuted despite the parade went on the hiatus.