The Critic was a short lived animated sitcom that aired from 1994 to 1995. It first aired on ABC and finished on Fox. 10 webisodes were also made, mainly to add more movie parodies.
The plot involved a film critic named Jay Sherman who reviews movies he doesn't like for a living.
Why It Rocks
- Shows a satirical look on the decline of Hollywood.
- Likable characters, especially Jay Sherman and his girlfriend, Alice Thompkins.
- Numerous movie and television references and parodies.
- Had a crossover with the Simpsons.
- Jon Lovitz as Jay Sherman.
- A good form of comedy comes from Jay wacky stepfather, Franklin, who not only parodies movie characters, but is generally a very wacky guy
- Only 23 episode (10 if you count webisodes)
- Sometimes the animation is a bit off. For instance in the episode, Marathon Mensch, watch the scene where Jay bungees jumps into the river. You'll see what I mean.