The Nostalgia Critic is a web series about a movie critic played by Doug Walker that reviews old movies usually from the 80s to 90s (his newer episodes have no cutoff period allowing for more recent movies to come out) that aren't usually very good and are even some of the worst films of all time.
Why He Rocks
- He remembers it so you don't have to!
- The worse the movie is, the more insane he becomes. In his review of The Master of Disguise, he went so crazy that he bludgeoned three people (one of whom was the cameraman) with a baseball bat!
- Often fires a gun that's capable of killing fictional characters.
- Had a memorable feud with The Angry Video Game Nerd.
- Actually watched the entirety of Avatar: The Last Airbender to properly review the film adaptation.
- Gives praise where it's due and has even praised some good shows like Batman: The Animated Series and Animaniacs
- His show is big enough that film legends like Don Bluth have appeared.
- He even reviews old commercials.
- His reviews are incredibly funny.
- He's very creative.
- He had a crossover with PhantomStrider.
His Bad Qualities
- Caused a lot of hatred for the Nicktoon Doug. Also makes you feel like the minority if you do actually like it.
- His gun doesn't work on Lady Tremaine.
- He made a rather offensive joke about autistic children in the initial version of his Ernest Saves Christmas review. He later removed it and has since stated that it's the only joke he ever regrets putting in a Nostalgia Critic episode.