The Nostalgia Critic is a web series about a movie critic played by Doug Walker that reviews old movies usually from the 80s to 90s (his newer episodes have no cutoff period allowing for more recent movies to come out) that aren't usually very good and are even some of the worst films of all time.
Why He Rocks
- He remembers it so you don't have to!
- The worse the movie is, the more insane he becomes. In his review of The Master of Disguise, he went so crazy he bludgeoned three people one of which was the cameraman with a baseball bat.
- Often fires a gun that hits fictional characters.
- Had a feud with The Angry Video Game Nerd.
- Actually watched the entire Avatar series to properly review the film adaptation.
- Gives praise where it's due and has even praised over some good shows like Batman: The Animated Series and Animaniacs
- His show is big enough that films legends like Don Bluth have appeared.
- Even reviews old commercials.
- His reviews are quite funny.
- He's very creative.
- He has a crossover with PhantomStrider.
His Bad Qualities
- Is a bit of an SJW. For example, during his review of the third animated Titanic movie, he questioned why the rats hated the Atlantian government and called it Brexitlantis. Too be fair though, he's still more tame and likable than most SJWs.
- Caused a lot of hatred for the Nicktoon Doug. Also makes you feel like the minority if you do actually like it.