The Powerpuff Girls is an American superhero animated television series created by animator Craig McCracken for Cartoon Network from 1998 to 2005. The show centers on Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup, three girls with superpowers, as well as their father, the brainy scientist Professor Utonium, who all live in the city of Townsville. The girls are frequently called upon by the town's childlike and naive mayor to help fight nearby criminals using their powers.
The show focuses on Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup, three super powered sisters who were accidentally created in a lab by Professor Utonium who raises them as his daughter's. They regularly save the City of Townsville from villains such as Mojo Jojo, the Gangreen Gang, Princess Morbucks and Him. Blossom is the self-proclaimed leader of the trio, Bubbles is the cute one and Buttercup is the toughest one.
Why It Rocks
- Simple and cutesy animation.
- The opening theme music is really cool.
- The Girls' voice-actresses were great.
- The crime-fighting scenes were awesome.
- Plenty of cool villains such as Mojo Jojo, Princess Morbucks, Sedusa, the Gangreen Gang and Him.
- Plenty of funny characters such as The Mayor of Townsville.
- The Girls' themselves are cute and awesome.
- Offered a proper blend of humor and action.