Warning: Do NOT add the fact that the show's spin off Ren & Stimpy "Adult Party Cartoon" is a bad quality. Anyone who adds this quality in the "Bad Qualities" section will be blocked without warning.
The Ren & Stimpy Show is an American animated series created by John Kricfalusi for Nickelodeon. The series follows the adventures of title characters Ren, an emotionally unstable chihuahua, and Stimpy, a good-natured, dimwitted cat. It premiered on August 11, 1991 as one of the original three Nicktoons, along with Rugrats and Doug. Throughout its run, the show was controversial for its off-color humor, sexual innuendo, dark humor, adult jokes, and violence. This controversy contributed to the production staff's altercations with Nickelodeon's Standards and Practices department. The show ended on December 16, 1995, with a total of five seasons and 52 episodes.
Why It Rocks
- Great characters.
- Good plots.
- Great music, especially the theme song.
- Smooth animation.
- Awesome voice acting.
- Mr. Horse is hilarious.
- "The Last Temptation" was an okay finale.
- It can have heartwarming and emotional moments, not only the wacky and hilarious moments.
- Incredibly awesome songs.
- It uses gross-out humor done right.
- Had so many amazing songs, including the "Happy Happy, Joy Joy" song.
- Billy West doing a lot of voices for the characters was really nice.
- All of the episodes remained to exist on DVD sets and on internet video sites, as of 2018.
- The animation can look bad sometimes.
- Some scenes are EXTREMELY disturbing like this one and THIS one.
- Ren screams a lot.
- Nickelodeon were being complete jerks over John Kricfalusi's work when he was making this show and they fired him over the episode "Man's Best Friend", and some creative differences, although, they did have a point on missed deadlines during their argument in the 90's, including their statement on why he is difficult to work with.
- Many of the jokes are inappropriate for its target audience.
- The infamous "It's a Dog's Life" and "Aloha Hoek" episodes.
- Recently, Nick has been ignoring this show (removing all clips and taking down the episodes), due to the John Kricfalusi allegations (see below).
- John Kricfalusi was very good friends with Danny Antonucci, the creator behind Cartoon Network's Ed, Edd n Eddy.
- John Kricfalusi was accused of sexual allegations towards Katie Price and Robyn Byrd in 2018, which was heard from BuzzFeed to Cartoon Brew.
- The pilot "Big House Blues" was in production from 1989, and finished either on the same year, or 1990 before its release on cinemas and Nickelodeon's debut of the show.
- Nickelodeon banned "Man's Best Friend" due to one scene where Ren beats up George Liquor with an oar.