This is the section about Thomas and Friends during Seasons 17 - 20 and onward, for the older series, simply see Thomas & Friends.
Why It Rocks
- Return of classic and fan-favorite characters like Duck, Oliver, Toad, Bill, Ben, Harvey, Duncan, Donald and Douglas, the list goes on
- Andrew Brenner and his team of new writers (even including a few veterans) have made better episodes than what Sharon Miller and her team of writers did at times.
- The animation has improved vastly (even though it had always been good) since the change of animation studios from Nitrogen to Arc/Jam Filled Toronto.
- Improved storylines.
- Introduced new and better characters like Connor, Caitlin, Stephen, and Ryan.
- Some characters personalities were restored (except Henry, who still acts like a coward, much like he did in New Series era and Sharon Miller era episodes).
- Duck looks enormous (until S19) and doesn't look like his model counterpart.
- Not all the new characters are that great (i.e. Ashima isn't as great as Ryan was).