Tomica Hero: Rescue Force (トミカヒーロー レスキューフォース Tomika Hīrō Resukyū Fōsu) is a Japanese tokusatsu television series that began airing April 5, 2008, on TV Aichi. It is the first Tomica Hero series based on Takara Tomy's Tomica toy car line. The characters use Tomica's Super Tools (スーパーツール Sūpā Tsūru) and Super Vehicles (スーパービークル Sūpā Bīkuru) to help save people from Super-Disasters and battle the evil causing them. It is the second tokusatsu series that Takara Tomy has been involved in following Madan Senki Ryukendo. It is directed by Masato Tsujino (辻野 正人 Tsujino Masato), and written by Shinichi Inotsume (猪爪 慎一 Inotsume Shin'ichi) and Hiroyuki Kawasaki (川崎 ヒロユキ Kawasaki Hiroyuki), the same team behind Ryukendo. A film for Tomica Hero: Rescue Force was released in December 2008.
Why It Rocks
- The theme song. "Hikaru sora wo miage. Kakerukeru kumo oikakete ita..."
- Epic fights. The Axto interfering with the rescues are just part of the reason why any normal rescuer, even the Rescue Heroes of the early 2000s, would not last long here.
- On top of that, the Rescue Force STOPS the disasters, as you'd expect a Power Rangers-type show to be able to. Indeed, "you can finally fight the hurricane. You can win." This even culminates in the apocalypse being cancelled!
- Reiji Osakabe from the movie is also the original Kamen Rider.
- More plot than "just save people from extreme disasters".
- Lots of jokes.
- Maaru, Saan, and Shiika are really entertaining villains.
- Great designs.
- Great acting.