Victorious (stylized as VICTORiOUS) is an American sitcom created by Dan Schneider that originally aired on Nickelodeon from March 27, 2010 to February 2, 2013. The series revolves around aspiring singer Tori Vega (portrayed by Victoria Justice), a teenager who attends a performing arts high school called Hollywood Arts High School, after taking her older sister Trina's (Daniella Monet) place in a showcase while getting into screwball situations on a daily basis. On her first day at Hollywood Arts, she meets Andre Harris (Leon Thomas III), Robbie Shapiro (Matt Bennett), Rex Powers (Robbie's puppet), Jade West (Elizabeth Gillies), Cat Valentine (Ariana Grande), and Beck Oliver (Avan Jogia). The series premiered after the 2010 Kids' Choice Awards. The series won for Favorite TV Show award at the 2012 Kids' Choice Awards and 2013 Kids' Choice Awards, even beating out iCarly. Victorious has had four Emmy nominations.
On August 10, 2012, Victoria Justice stated that the series would not be renewed. Also, after the announcement of the series' spin-off Sam & Cat was made, fans of Victorious expressed dismay that its spin-off series was the reason for its ending, but Dan Schneider himself stated otherwise. Although the Victorious cast only filmed three seasons, when the decision to end the series was made, Nickelodeon split the third season in half, making a fourth season
Why It Rocks
- Amazing set design and lighting. In fact, it was even filmed at a real high school.
- Great songs, including the theme song.
- Cool storylines.
- Plenty of funny and likable characters, such as Tori (the wannabe), Andre (the musician), Robby (the nice, awkward guy), Jade (the bad girl), Beck (the hot guy), Cat (the ditz) and Rex, (the puppet).
- The website the characters use, "The Slap" (a parody of Facebook, Twitter and YouTube) is really cool.
- Plenty of funny and hilarious moments.
- It had a crossover with iCarly.
- The color scheme is perfect.
- It shows kids what it's like to go to a performing arts school.
- Some of the characters can be very unlikable, like Jade West.
- Some of the jokes are too mean-spirited.
- It got cancelled despite great ratings.
- It didn't have a proper finale.