We Bare Bears is an American animated sitcom created by Daniel Chong. The show premiered on Cartoon Network and follows three bear siblings, Grizzly, Panda and Ice Bear (respectively voiced by Eric Edelstein, Bobby Moynihan, and Demetri Martin), and their awkward attempts at integrating with the human world in the San Francisco Bay Area. Based on Chong's webcomic The Three Bare Bears, the pilot episode made its world premiere at the KLIK! Amsterdam Animation Festival, where it won in the "Young Amsterdam Audience" category. The series premiered on July 27, 2015.
Why It Rocks
- Great characters.
- Recent animation.
- Amazing plot.
- It has that Rocko's Modern Life feeling, where lovable animals are trying to adapt to a modern life.
- Incredibly funny moments, such as Ice Bear's one liners and Panda accidentally proposing to a random woman.
- Cute theme song.
- Deep messages that are good for kids and adults.
- Wonderfully imaginative episodes that are well written.
- Brilliant voice acting.
- Somewhat relatable.
- It knows how to make such a simple idea work.
- Teaches viewers about creativity, friendship, social interaction and relationships between friends and family.
- Hidden political message. Grizzly (the oldest brother who mostly acts like leader) portraying the United States, Panda (the middle brother who's a bit selfish and also acts like otaku) portraying China, and Ice Bear (the youngest brother who're less likely to gave any opinion to others) portraying Russia.
- Can sometimes have too many references to pop culture such as long-gone memes.
- The episodes with Nom Nom can get annoying at times.