Young Justice is an American animated television series created by Brandon Vietti and Greg Weisman originally for Cartoon Network before moving to DC Comic's Streaming Service. Despite its title, it is not a direct adaptation of Peter David, Todd Dezago, and Todd Nauck's Young Justice comic series, but rather an adaptation of the entire DC Universe with a focus on young superheroes.
The series follows the lives of teenage heroes and sidekicks who are members of a fictional covert operation group referred to simply as 'The Team'. Young Justice is essentially a young counterpart to the famous adult team, the Justice League. The main setting is a fictional universe apart from the previous DCAU and other continuities (designated at one point as Earth-16 during a time period in which superheroes are a relatively recent phenomenon).
Why It Rocks
- Gorgeous animation.
- Mature and complex storytelling.
- Fantastic voice acting.
- Great action scenes.
- Faithful to its various source materials.
- Brings obscure characters like Miss Martian and Superboy to the spotlight.
- Originally cancelled after two seasons due to low toy sales, a strong fan campaign and high ratings on Netflix convinced Warner Bros. Animation to revive the show in November 2016, and not Cartoon Network, well... that was disappointing, but we don't blame Netflix for that.
- They were on Teen Titans Go!.
The show received critical acclaim from fans and critics alike, with many calling it one of the greatest animated shows ever made.